Minimum 5 years warranty on all of our supplier's slabs!
At KT STONE, we strive to provide high-quality products and ensure customer satisfaction. We are pleased to offer a minimum five (5) year warranty to residential owner-occupants for installed KT STONE slab surfaces, effective from the date of purchase by the original owner or installer, whichever occurs first. This warranty is provided by our trusted suppliers.
Coverage and Replacement:
Our warranty covers manufacturing faults that may arise during the specified warranty period. If such faults occur, the original supplier will promptly replace the affected quartz surface.
Understanding Maintenance Recommendations:
To maximize the longevity and performance of your KT STONE slab, we strongly recommend that customers carefully read and comprehend the maintenance recommendations provided. Proper maintenance is essential for ensuring the durability and beauty of your quartz surface.
Validity and Activation:
The five-year quartz warranty offered by KT STONE’s suppliers is applicable to customers who have recently had a KT STONE slab installed in their residential or commercial property by us, along with the KT STONE fitter invoice.
To ensure the validity of your warranty, please follow these instructions:
- Activate the Warranty: To activate your warranty, it is essential to contact the original supplier and provide them with the necessary information. Failure to activate the warranty with the supplier and obtain a warranty certificate will result in the warranty not being valid.
- Warranty Duration: Once activated, your warranty will be valid for a minimum of five (5) years from the date of installation. This warranty period ensures that you are covered for any qualifying issues that may arise within this timeframe.
We highly recommend adhering to these instructions to safeguard your warranty coverage and ensure peace of mind throughout the specified warranty period.
For any further inquiries or assistance regarding our warranty policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are dedicated to providing excellent customer support and addressing any concerns you may have.
What this warranty does not cover?
At KT STONE, we take pride in providing durable stone installations. Our products are designed to resist cracking under normal conditions. However, it’s important to note that cracks may occur if external forces or interactions are applied to the surfaces. These include impacts, uneven cabinets or flooring, structural settling or movement, thermal shock caused by placing hot items directly on the slabs, improper installation, or other conditions in the house that may cause the KT STONE surfaces to shift.
Please be aware that our warranty does not cover cracks. Since cracks are typically a result of external factors beyond our control, we are unable to provide coverage for this specific issue.
45 Degree Angle Cuts:
For any cuts made within the worksurface or island, such as sink or hob cuts, it is crucial that a 45-degree angle is applied at the corners. Slabs that are not cut at this angle will not be covered by the warranty. This requirement ensures proper installation and minimizes the risk of potential issues.
Preventing Thermal Stress:
To prevent thermal stress on your KT STONE surfaces, we advise against placing crock pots, skillets, or other hot items directly on them. Instead, always use a trivet or cutting board to provide a protective barrier. This precaution helps maintain the integrity and longevity of your KT STONE installation.
By following these guidelines, you can enhance the durability and performance of your KT STONE surfaces, minimizing the risk of cracks or thermal stress-related issues.
Abnormal use of abuse
The warranty provided does not cover products that have been subjected to abnormal use, conditions, or any form of abuse. Abnormal use or conditions refer to situations that deviate from the recommended usage guidelines and can result in damage to the product.
Examples of damage caused by abnormal use or conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Mishandling or Misuse: Damage caused by improper handling or usage of the product.
- Excessive Heat, Scorching, or Weather Exposure: Damage resulting from exposure to excessive heat, scorching, or adverse weather conditions.
- Ultraviolet Light Exposure: Damage caused by prolonged exposure to ultraviolet light, which may affect the appearance or performance of the product.
- Physical or Chemical Abuse: Damage resulting from physical or chemical abuse, such as scratching, harsh chemical exposure, or deliberate misuse.
- Acid Etching, Staining, or Improper Care and Maintenance: Damage caused by acid etching, staining, or inadequate care and maintenance practices.
- Chipping, Cracking, Impact Damage, or Breaking due to Customer Abuse: Damage caused by customer abuse, including chipping, cracking, impact damage, or breaking resulting from misuse or improper handling.
It is important to note that these examples are not exhaustive, and other forms of abuse or abnormal use may also void the warranty.
We strongly recommend following the care and maintenance instructions provided to ensure the longevity and performance of your product. Proper usage and care will help minimize the risk of damage and maintain the warranty coverage.
This warranty does not cover transitory markings created by household utensils on the Supplier’s goods, including but not limited to metal marks, fingerprints or smudges.
Variations in colours
This warranty does not cover variations in colours on Supplier’s slabs.
Activate your warranty
To make sure you are protected by the 5-year minimum warranty, please ensure you activate your warranty with the original Supplier!
If you have any further inquiries or require clarification regarding the warranty or specific usage guidelines, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We are committed to addressing any concerns you may have and providing assistance as needed.